- Inhale in the forward position.
- Exhale while twisting the trunk.
- Breathe deeply and slowly without strain in the final position.
- Inhale while returning to the starting position.
Practise once on each side, gradually increasing the holding time to 1 or 2 minutes on each side of the body or up to 30 breaths.
- Women more than two or three months pregnant should avoid this practice.
- People suffering from peptic ulcer, hernia or hyperthyroidism should only practice.
- this pose under expert guidance.
- People with sciatica or slipped disc may benefit from this asana, but great care should be taken.